Blessings in a Backpack is striving to increase awareness of childhood hunger and expand our work to ensure food insecure children experience hunger-free weekends.
In select cities, we will be hosting events to help educate individuals and community partners about childhood hunger and how they can partner with Blessings in a Backpack. Through these events, Blessings in a Backpack hopes to develop a foundation of volunteer leadership and partners to help exponentially increase the number of children living with food insecurity who have access to weekend nutrition.
During 2017, Blessings in a Backpack’s target cities are:
Los Angeles, February 22 – 24
Washington, D.C., March 28 – 30
Atlanta, May 9 – 12
- Tuesday, May 9, 6-8pm
The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar – Perimeter Mall
- Wednesday, May 10, 11:30am-1pm
Humphries Elementary School, 3029 Humphries Drive, Atlanta, GA 30354
- Wednesday, May 10, 6-8pm
California Pizza Kitchen – Lenox Square
- RSVP Here
Help make hunger-free weekends possible through the following partnership opportunities in these markets:
- Serve as a founding member of the regional advisory board
- Be a lead corporate sponsor of Blessings in a Backpack’s work in the region
- Become a school investor and make hunger-free weekends possible for children at a specific school
- Introduce BIB to others in the region by inviting them to the events listed above
If you would like to learn more, please contact, Dani Childress, at (312)893-5095 or DaniChildress@BlessingsinaBackpack.org.